USC Murray Center recruiting for 2012 Faith Leaders Institute
The USC Cecil Murray Center is currently recruiting up to 50 faith leaders from four communities to participate in the Faith Leaders Institute, a leadership transformation and capacity building program. Funded by the California Endowment, the program will teach about topics pertaining to community development, stemming youth violence, civic engagement, community and organizational assessment, governance, fundraising and financial literacy.
Requirements for Participation
There are no formal academic requirements for program participation. Applicants for the program must represent organizations that meet the following requirements:
- Organizations must serve one of four communities: Boyle Heights, Long Beach, Santa Ana, or South Los Angeles.
- Organizations should have an interest in community programs such as job training and development, small business, education, youth development, health, housing, re-entry or civic engagement.
- Organizations must have two or more years of operation.
- Organizations must have between two and ten employees.
- Organizations must have an annual budget of at least $100,000.
Find the application here. The deadline to apply is has been extended to July 5, 2012 .
The Cecil Murray Center for Civic Engagement is dedicated to promoting economic development and civic engagement in low-income neighborhoods by drawing on the social, spiritual, and leadership capital of churches and the broader faith community. Ultimately, the center aims to revitalize under-served communities in the Los Angeles area.