THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE NEXT AMCLI REGIONAL PROGRAM IS CLOSED. PLEASE SIGN UP FOR CRCC’S NEWSLETTER AND INDICATE YOUR INTEREST IN AMCLI TO FIND OUT ABOUT FUTURE PROGRAMS.
- AMCLI South II (Tennessee) July 20-23, 2017
Below, you will find details about:
Section 1: Application Information
Please carefully review the information on this page before starting your application. Make sure to allocate sufficient time to complete the application. Successful applications cannot be completed in one night. Therefore, we recommend that you start the application early. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The second section of this page contains instructions for requesting an application.
South Regional Program
Monday, April 24, 2017 (11 PM PST): Last day to request an application
Monday, May 1, 2017 (11 PM PST): Application submission deadline
Wednesday, May 24, 2017: Acceptance notification will be sent out via e-mail
Friday, June 9, 2017 (4 PM PST): Deadline for receipt of acceptance forms (submit online) and program fee (to arrive via mail by the deadline).
July 20-23, 2017: Program retreat (begins Thursday afternoon, ends Sunday afternoon)
Please note that the regional program will begin at 2:00 PM on a Thursday. Fellows must ensure they arrive before the 2:00 PM Thursday program start. If you are travelling a long distance we advise that you plan to arrive the night before. The programs end on Sunday at 2:00 PM. Accommodations will be provided by AMCLI for Thursday-Sunday only.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Are committed to civic engagement in the American Muslim community
- Hold a position within a non profit organization, government, network, media, or faith institution (paid/unpaid)
- Are committed to advancing their community rather than simply advancing their personal platform
- Are proficient in written and spoken English
- Are at least 25 years of age
- Pay a non-refundable program fee of $295* (cashier’s check/money order or credit card ONLY). Partial and full scholarships are provided on a need basis.
South Regional: AMCLI encourages (but is not limited to) applicants from Southern states.
*Accepted applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $295 program fee to secure their place in the program. Credit card, money orders and cashier’s checks only. Please note that the program fee is NOT considered a tuition payment to the University of Southern California for tax purposes.
Through the generous support of our funders, AMCLI is able to underwrite the remaining program fees. The average cost per fellow covered by AMCLI for training, accommodations, meals and materials is $1500.
Section 2: Application Process
Step A: Request an individualized application link:
Application closed. PLEASE SIGN UP FOR CRCC’S NEWSLETTER AND INDICATE YOUR INTEREST IN AMCLI TO FIND OUT ABOUT FUTURE PROGRAMS.
After your application request has been submitted, you will receive an email containing a unique application link that will allow you to complete your online application at your own pace, allowing you to exit and reenter your application without losing your entries.
Application links are sent out once a week on Tuesdays. If your request was submitted Tuesday-Monday, you will receive your application link the following Tuesday (COB).
Step B: Prepare your application:
Prepare your resume and upload it into the application form.
Complete the following short essay questions in a word processing program, then cut and paste each answer into the online application form (750 word max per question):
- Please describe your civic engagement work, particularly noting your work with the Muslim community. Please describe the primary organization through which you conduct your civic engagement work. This should include a brief description of its mission and activities, your role and responsibilities, and accomplishments in the organization.
- What problem that is impacting your Muslim community do you want to contribute to solving or improving? Give details about how you might do so.
- Describe a challenge that you have faced and how you dealt with it. What did you learn?
- Why are you interested in participating in the AMCLI regional program? What do you hope to learn? What personal leadership challenges do you want to address?
Step C: Submit your application.
See deadlines listed above for your specific regional program.
Once you have received an e-mail from AMCLI with a link to your online application, please ensure that ALL sections are fully completed along with your essay questions and resume/CV has been uploaded.
Section 3: Accepted Applicants
All applicants will be notified of their acceptance status via email (see notification dates listed above).
Once accepted, forms and the program fee must be RECEIVED by the deadlines listed above.
Online forms: (Links to each form are provided in the acceptance documents)
- Commitment Form
- Travel Form
- Emergency Form
- Bio (250 word maximum written in third person) and Photograph (at least 300 DPI jpeg or tiff file)
- Photo Release Form
- Non-refundable program fee of $295.00 by credit card or money order/cashier’s check ONLY. Money order/Cashier’s checks must be made payable to “USC.” NO PERSONAL CHECKS. Mail to:
USC Center for Religion and Civic Culture
ATTN: AMCLI Admissions
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0520
Please carefully review this page and the FAQs page for information about the AMCLI Regional application process and program.
If you have any questions remaining, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and phone number.