- CRCC in the NewsVOA: Hong Kong Protest Leaders Recall Spiritual Motivation At SSSRCRCC Executive Director Donald Miller moderated a discussion with two of the founders of Hong Kong’s Umbrella Movement, a pro-democracy protest movement that came into being in 2014, at the 2015 Society …Topics: Asia, China, Protests and Uprisings
- Photo EssayThe Visual History of Christian Civic Activism in ChinaAccounts of the Hong Kong campaign for political choice and universal suffrage that began in late September have emphasized the prominence of Christian activists in planning and leading that movement. Community organizer …Topics: Asia, China, Economic Inequality, Missionaries, Protests and Uprisings
- CommentaryChinese Christians Reshaping Their NationIn 1989, just after college, I moved to Beijing to teach English to Chinese graduate students. I was in Tiananmen Square when the tanks rolled in and fled on my bike in …Topics: Asia, China, Creativity and Innovation, Protests and Uprisings, Religious Leadership
- VideoA Family Occupation: Samuel Chu on the Occupy Central Movement in Hong Kong
- BookSpirit and Power: The Growth and Global Impact of PentecostalismSpirit and Power: The Growth and Global Impact of Pentecostalism Donald E. Miller, Kimon Sargeant, and Richard Flory, editors (Oxford University Press: 2013) From the publisher’s description: Pentecostalism is …Topics: Asia, Books, China, Latin America, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism, Religious Beliefs and Rituals, Southern California, Sub-Saharan Africa
- VideoWhat’s Behind the Growth of Pentecostalism?
- AudioPCRI grantee speaks about China’s “house churches” on podcastPentecostal and Charismatic Research Initiative grantee Karrie Koesel talks to the weekly podcast series Research on Religion about her research on “house churches” in China. Koesel, an assistant professor of political science …Topics: Asia, China, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism
- ReportHeart & Virtue: The Revival of Confucian Education in Contemporary ChinaAnalyzing the development and impact of Neo-Confucian education in China.Topics: Asia, China
- ReportRedeeming, Ruling, and Reaping: British Missionary Societies, the East India Company, and the India-to-China Opium Trade“Redeeming, Ruling, and Reaping” was published in the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 48, no. 2 ( June 2009): 332-352. Jon Miller, senior research associate with CRCC, and Gregory Stanczak …Topics: Asia, China, Missionaries, Race and Culture
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
email@example.com or 213-743-1611
- Samuel ChuContributing FellowSamuel Chu is a seasoned community organizer and strategist who works at the intersection of faith and public policy.
- Donald E. MillerDirector of Strategic InitiativesDonald Miller focuses on global religious trends, genocides of the 20th century, and the role of religious NGOs in addressing issues of moral concern.
- Tetsunao YamamoriContributing FellowTetsunao Yamamori is a sociologist with expertise in global Pentecostalism.