- VideoSpiritual Healing Networks in Long Beach
- CRCC in the NewsKPCC Take Two: What ‘Religious Liberty’ Means in Politics TodayCRCC Executive Director Brie Loskota unpacked the meaning of “religious liberty” in the light of laws opposing LGBT rights on KPCC’s Take Two. #Religion being persecuted by state is foundational idea, from …Topics: Healthcare, LGBT Issues, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- CommentaryMindfulness and Science: Who’s Winning the Game of Samsara?In his podcast lecture, Jesse Maceo Vega-Frey, a young Vipassana teacher, raises concerns about the “Mindfulness Industrial Complex.” “We want to win at this game of samsara”—the cyclic existence of suffering, driven by …Topics: Creativity and Innovation, Healthcare, Meditation and Prayer
- CommentaryA Pragmatist’s View of ReligionIt is reasonably easy to be an armchair critic of religion. There are ample examples of religious leaders who compromise the values of their tradition, and the fundamentalists of every religion are …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Economic Inequality, Healthcare, Hunger and Food Policy, Nuns and Women Religious, Social Services, Sub-Saharan Africa
- CommentaryA Different Type of Medicine: Science, Religion, and the Power of MeaningThe general public and medical professionals have long recognized the positive relationship between religiosity/spirituality and health. While researchers warn that no blanket conclusions should be made about this relationship (i.e., it differs …Topics: Healthcare, Religious Beliefs and Rituals
- CommentaryObamacare and the Anniversary of the Emancipation ProclamationOur nation cannot fully celebrate the freeing of slaves 150 years after Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation. Black poverty, unemployment, poor health care, inadequate housing and a variety of social ills remain unaddressed. President …Topics: CMCCE, Healthcare, Race and Culture
- CommentaryObama offers compromise on birth control health coverageThe Obama administration has proposed a compromise over the mandated coverage of contraceptives in the Affordable Healthcare Act that was approved by Congress in 2012. Officials state that the proposed mandate will …Topics: Healthcare, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- CommentaryTurkeys Aren’t the Only Ones Sticking their Necks on the Block This YearGovernment agencies and spirituality go together like, well, they don’t. Remember that all-encompassing conversation stopper: SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE! As far as amendments go, the first is quite memorable. Not being …Topics: Faith-Based Organizations, Healthcare, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- BookOutcomes Measurement in the Human Services: Cross-Cutting Issues and MethodsOutcomes Measurement in the Human Services, 2nd Ed.: Cross-Cutting Issues and Methods in the Era of Health Reform Jennifer L. Magnabosco and Ronald W. Manderscheid, Editors (NASW Press: 2011) …Topics: book chapter, Faith-Based Organizations, Government and Religion, Healthcare
- CommentaryThe Pope on Condoms: Where the Rubber Meets the RoadThis post originally appeared on Trans-Missions, the USC Knight Chair in Media and Religion site. Many theologians, reporters and devout Catholics uttered a collective “whaaat?!?” when the Holy See announced that condoms …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Healthcare, Media, Reproductive Rights, Transmissions
- ReportFaith, Health and Policy : Public Health Reentry in San DiegoIn August 2006, a collaboration of African American clergy, community-based organizations and state and county representatives joined together to form a Public Health Reentry Task Force to address the health care needs …Topics: Criminal Justice, Faith-Based Organizations, Healthcare, Social Services, Southern California
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-743-1611
- Tarra McNallyAssistant Director of EvaluationTarra McNally is an anthropologist specializing in evaluation and global health.
- John B. OrrCo-founder & University FellowJohn B. Orr has worked extensively in the fields of religion, education and politics.
- Najuma Smith-PollardProgram Manager of the USC Cecil Murray Center for Community EngagementRev. Najuma Smith-Pollard combines her experience as a pastor and expertise as a community leader to train Murray Center Fellows.
- Mark WhitlockExecutive Director of USC Cecil Murray Center for Community EngagementRev. Mark Whitlock is a pastor specializing in church leadership and community and economic development.