The American Muslim Civic Leadership Institute (AMCLI) is a leadership development program committed to unlocking the talent of the rising generation of Muslim civic leaders. We believe that through on-going engagement and support, our fellows will continue to impact and create social changes for the benefit of all Americans.
AMCLI Designing Your Strategy for Social Impact is a workshop for our fellows to continuously hone and further enhance their strategy skills. Strategizing for social impact and social change is complex work. The strategy workshop will be led by Nadia Roumani, AMCLI’s co-founder and senior advisor. The purpose of this workshop is to equip our fellows so that they can effectively develop sound and strategic actions towards building a robust, healthy, and vibrant ecosystem of Muslim civic leaders.
Section 1: Application Information
Please carefully review the information on this page before starting your application. Make sure to allocate sufficient time to complete the application.
We have a few more spots open for the strategy workshop. Please submit an application in today!
Monday, October 22, 2018 (11 PM PST): New Application deadline
November 16-18, 2018: Workshop (pre-workshop on Friday evening, ends Sunday afternoon)
Please note that the workshop will begin at 9:00 AM on Saturday. Fellows must ensure that they arrive before the 9:00 AM Saturday workshop start. If you are traveling a long distance, we advise that you plan to arrive the night before. The workshop ends on Sunday at 2:00 PM. Accommodations are not provided.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Are alumni from the AMCLI National and Regional training programs
- Have a project that you are planning or a strategy that you want to apply to a project that you are working on
- Hold a position within a non-profit organization, government, network, media, or faith institution (paid/unpaid)
- Are committed to advancing their community rather than simply advancing their personal platform
- Pay a non-refundable workshop fee of $295* (credit card ONLY). Partial scholarships are provided on a need basis.
*Accepted applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $295 workshop fee to secure their place in the workshop. Credit card only. Please note that the workshop fee is NOT considered a tuition payment to the University of Southern California for tax purposes.
The average cost for a week-long strategy workshop/training is to $7,000 per person. Through the generous support of our funders, AMCLI is able to underwrite this workshop at a drastically reduced cost. AMCLI will cover the cost for training, meals, and materials during the workshop.
Section 2: Application Process
Step A: Request an individualized application link:
After your application request has been submitted, an email containing a unique application link will be sent for completion of the online application at your own pace. This allows you to save and resume without losing any entries.
Step B: Prepare your application:
Prepare your resume and upload it into the application form.
Complete the following short essay questions in a word processing program, then cut and paste each answer into the online application form (500 word max per question):
- Please describe the role strategy plays in your work. Share a project that you are currently or potentially will be working on that you would like to use to implement the strategy skills learned from this workshop.
- What problem or opportunity is effecting your Muslim community that you want to contribute to solving or improving? Give details about how you might do so.
- Describe a challenge that you have faced and your strategy in handling it. What did you learn?
- Why are you interested in participating in AMCLI Strategy workshop? What do you hope to learn?
Step C: Submit your application.
See deadlines listed above in Section 1.
Once you have received an e-mail from AMCLI with a link to your online application, please ensure that ALL sections are fully completed along with your essay questions and resume/CV has been uploaded. Incomplete applications will not reviewed.
If you have any questions remaining, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and include your full name and phone number.