COVID-19 IMPACT ON AMCLI 17 REGIONAL PROGRAM
For the rest of 2020, AMCLI will pause all in-person programming. After careful deliberation, we decided that the AMCLI 17 program will not be offered online as the specialness of the AMCLI cohort-based fellowship programming cannot be replicated online. We do not want to dilute the experience that participants will get from attending the training. The creation of the program was driven by a need to develop deeper, more meaningful relationships that could create resilience among a group of people who are fellow travelers in their professional, personal and communal practices.
If you submitted an application for the AMCLI 17 program initially scheduled for June 2020, we will hold onto your application and ask you for updates when the new dates are released. We will give your application a priority review for participation in the June 2021 program.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE NEXT AMCLI REGIONAL PROGRAM IS CLOSED!
AMCLI 17 (California) June 4-7, 2020
(RESCHEDULED TO A NEW DATE)
Below, you will find details about:
Section 1: Application Information
Please carefully review the information on this page before starting your application. Make sure to allocate sufficient time to complete the application. Successful applications cannot be completed in one night. Therefore, we recommend that you start the application early. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The second section of this page contains instructions for requesting an application.
AMCLI 17 Regional Program (NEW DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED)
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 (11 PM PST): Last day to request an application
Monday, March 2, 2020 (11 PM PST): Application submission deadline
Monday, March 16, 2020: Acceptance notification will be sent out via e-mail
Monday, April 6, 2020 (5 PM PST): Deadline for receipt of acceptance forms (submit online) and program fee (to arrive via mail by the deadline).
June 4-7, 2020: Program retreat (begins Thursday afternoon, ends Sunday afternoon)
Please note that the regional program will begin at 2:00 PM on a Thursday. Fellows must ensure they arrive before the 2:00 PM Thursday program start. If you are traveling a long distance we advise that you plan to arrive the night before. The programs end on Sunday at 2:00 PM. Accommodations will be provided by AMCLI for Thursday-Sunday only.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Are committed to civic engagement in the American Muslim community
- Hold a position within a nonprofit organization, government, network, media, or faith institution (paid/unpaid)
- Are committed to advancing their community rather than simply advancing their personal platform
- Are proficient in written and spoken English
- Are at least 25 years of age
- Pay a non-refundable program fee of $495* (credit card ONLY). Partial and full scholarships are provided on a need basis.
Regional: AMCLI encourages (but is not limited to) applicants from states in the region of a particular training.
*Accepted applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $495 program fee to secure their place in the program. Credit card only. Please note that the program fee is NOT considered a tuition payment to the University of Southern California for tax purposes.
Through the generous support of our funders, AMCLI is able to underwrite the remaining program fees. The average cost per fellow covered by AMCLI for training, accommodations, meals, and materials is $1700.
Section 2: Application Process
Step A: Request an individualized application link:
After your application request has been submitted, you will receive an email containing a unique application link that will allow you to complete your online application at your own pace, allowing you to exit and reenter your application without losing your entries.
Application links are sent out once a week on Tuesdays. If your request was submitted Tuesday-Monday, you will receive your application link the following Tuesday (COB).
Step B: Prepare your application:
Prepare your resume and upload it into the application form.
Complete the following short essay questions in a word processing program, then cut and paste each answer into the online application form (500-word max per question):
- Please describe your civic engagement work, particularly noting your work with the Muslim community. Please describe the primary organization through which you conduct your civic engagement work. This should include a brief description of its mission and activities, your role and responsibilities, and accomplishments in the organization.
- What problem that is impacting your Muslim community do you want to contribute to solving or improving? Give details about how you might do so.
- Describe a challenge that you have faced and how you dealt with it. What did you learn?
- Why are you interested in participating in the AMCLI regional program? What do you hope to learn? What personal leadership challenges do you want to address?
Step C: Submit your application.
See the deadlines listed above for your specific regional program.
Once you have received an e-mail from AMCLI with a link to your online application, please ensure that ALL sections are fully completed along with your essay questions and resume/CV has been uploaded.
Section 3: Accepted Applicants
All applicants will be notified of their acceptance status via email (see notification dates listed above).
Once accepted, forms and the program fee must be RECEIVED by the deadlines listed above.
Online forms: (Links to each form are provided in the acceptance documents)
- Commitment Form
- Travel Form
- Emergency Form
- Bio (250-word maximum written in third person) and Photograph (at least 300 DPI jpeg or tiff file)
- Photo Release Form
- A non-refundable program fee of $495.00 by credit card ONLY.
Please carefully review this page and the FAQs page for information about the AMCLI Regional application process and program.
If you have any questions remaining, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and include your full name and phone number.