- CommentarySexual Assault During Hajj: Will #MosqueMeToo Lead to Reforms in Mecca?In February of 2018, inspired by the #MeToo movement, Muslim women took to social media to describe sexual harassment and assault in the holiest shrines of the Islamic faith: the Kaabah in …Topics: Gender, Muslims and Islam, Place and Religion, Violence
- AudioSister Dianna Ortiz: A Tribute to a Survivor of Torture Who Became a Voice for VictimsThis radio documentary was originally published by KALW’s The Spiritual Edge, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. To hear this and other profiles, subscribe to The Spiritual Edge podcast …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Engaged Spirituality, Gender, Latin America, Nuns and Women Religious, Spiritual Exemplars, Violence
- VideoThe Intersection of Gender, Nationalism and Faith-based Giving in Sri Lanka
- ArticleSoni Sori: An Indigenous Activist Fights in Memory of the Children She Couldn’t SaveThis article was originally published in Religion News, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. DELHI, India (RNS) — When the students fled her village school in 2011 to join Maoist rebels …Topics: Asia, Engaged Spirituality, Gender, Spiritual Exemplars
- VideoSexual Abuse, Whiteness and Patriarchy in Buddhist Sanghas
- VideoWhy a Complaint Collective in Buddhist Studies?
- AudioRegina Evans: Art and the Divine Fuel a Mission to Help Sex Trafficked KidsThis radio documentary was originally produced by KALW’s The Spiritual Edge, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. To hear this and other profiles, subscribe to The Spiritual Edge podcast in …Topics: Black Church, Engaged Spirituality, Gender, Human Trafficking, Spiritual Exemplars
- CommentaryShowing Up! Female Faith Leadership in the COVID-19 PandemicThis post was originally published on the Berkley Forum, as part of a series on Gender, Religion and COVID-19. As a female pastor and community faith leader, I found myself called to …Topics: Black Church, CMCCE, Criminal Justice, Gender, Political Attitudes and Values, Race and Culture
- VideoBlack Female Leadership within LAPD: Untold Stories!
- ArticleVoices of Women and People of Color Must Be Part of Catholic Social Teaching DiscussionThis article was originally published in the National Catholic Reporter. In a recent essay, Francis X. Rocca of the Wall Street Journal argued that Catholic social teaching presents a framework for uniting America, noting …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Gender, Political Attitudes and Values
- ArticleAisha al-Adawiya: Making Space For Women In MosquesThis radio documentary was produced by KALW’s The Spiritual Edge, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. Listen to it on The Spiritual Edge’s website. To hear this and other profiles, subscribe …Topics: Engaged Spirituality, Gender, Muslims and Islam, Spiritual Exemplars
- ArticleThe Mothers of the Righteous Society: Lay Buddhist Women as Agents of the Sinhala Nationalist ImageryThe following is an excerpt of an article by Nalika Gajaweera published in the Journal of Global Buddhism. Read the full article on globalbuddhism.org. Discussions about the gendered experience of Buddhism, especially …Topics: Asia, Buddhists and Buddhism, Gender
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
email@example.com or 213-743-1611
- Hebah FarragAssistant Director of ResearchHebah Farrag manages the center’s research and evaluation projects while engaging in research focused on religion, social change and new spiritualties.
- Brie LoskotaContributing FellowBrie Loskota researches how religions change and make change in the world, and works to build the capacity of religious communities around the globe.
- Megan SweasEditor and Director of CommunicationsMegan Sweas is a journalist specializing in social and economic justice issues and world religions.