- VideoFounders MCC: A Radically Inclusive Christian Community
- VideoBeautiful Gate: Envisioning Christian Faith in Los Angeles
- CommentaryIn Trump Era, Young Muslims Question Respectability Politics of MosquesThis article originally appeared on Religion Dispatches. Possibly this week, President Trump might sign yet another executive order, this time restricting entry to the United States from majority Muslim countries [read a draft …Topics: Creativity and Innovation, Government and Religion, Immigration, LGBT Issues, Muslims and Islam, National and Cultural Identity, Political Attitudes and Values, Race and Culture, Religious Affiliation
- CommentaryFive Trends to Watch in Religion in 2017: Culture Wars, Compounds & the Next Reformation2016 was a year that no one could predict. Last year, we laid out several religion trends worth noting. To see how our forecasts matched with reality, give them a review. The unpredictable nature …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Creativity and Innovation, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Government and Religion, LGBT Issues, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious "Nones"
- ArticleDoing It All For Her: A Lesbian Muslim Hip-Hop Singer on Art and ActivismThis article originally appeared on The Huffington Post. “I could’ve been like the dude in Orlando,” said Jaheda Choudhury-Potter, a self-described “geeky dark-skinned lesbian Muslim” who fronts a queer hip-hop band in …Topics: Creativity and Innovation, Europe, LGBT Issues, Muslims and Islam, Religious Extremism, Violence
- CommentaryFrom Louisville to Orlando: Muslim Americans in a Time of Hope and CrisisMany of my American Muslim friends from all across the U.S. traveled to Louisville a few weekends ago to pay their respects and to reflect on the life of Muhammad Ali. They …Topics: LGBT Issues, Muslims and Islam, Religious Extremism, Religious Leadership, Violence
- CommentaryPope Francis’ ‘Joy of Love’ Exhortation Won’t Resolve Catholic Tensions on Marriage and SexThis post originally appeared in the Los Angeles Times. When my parents went to schedule my older brother’s baptism at a Catholic church, the priest told them their baby was a bastard. …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Creativity and Innovation, Family and Relationships, LGBT Issues, Religious Leadership
- CRCC in the NewsKPCC: Papal Proclamation Urges a More Welcoming ChurchCRCC University Fellow Joseph Palacios spoke about Pope Francis’ apostolic exhortation, “Amoris Laetitia,” or “The Joy of Love,” on KPCC’s Take Two. Palacios, a sociologist and a Catholic priest, gave an overview …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Family and Relationships, LGBT Issues
- CRCC in the NewsKPCC Take Two: What ‘Religious Liberty’ Means in Politics TodayCRCC Executive Director Brie Loskota unpacked the meaning of “religious liberty” in the light of laws opposing LGBT rights on KPCC’s Take Two. #Religion being persecuted by state is foundational idea, from …Topics: Healthcare, LGBT Issues, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- ArticleMapping the New Landscape of Religion in Los FelizThis article originally appeared in BOOM: A Journal of California. Mt. Hollywood Congregational Church was in trouble. Its congregation had become too small to sustain the decaying Los Feliz building that had …Topics: Buddhists and Buddhism, Christians and Christianity, Creativity and Innovation, LGBT Issues, Place and Religion, Religious Affiliation, Southern California
- CommentaryAmerican Christianity Is Changing Fast: Five Stories to Watch in 2016This post originally appeared on Religion Dispatches. While LGBT evangelicals cheered on the SCOTUS decision on gay marriage, evangelical institutions lobbied for the passage of “religious freedom” laws that would allow them …Topics: Black Church, Catholics and Catholicism, Christians and Christianity, Creativity and Innovation, Economic Inequality, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, LGBT Issues, Place and Religion, Religious "Nones", Religious Affiliation, Religious Leadership
- ArticleMuslims Seek a Delicate Balance in a Secular EuropeThis story was originally published by the Los Angeles Times as part of a reporting project supported by the Pulitzer Center for Crisis Reporting. A light rain was falling as young men …Topics: Creativity and Innovation, Europe, Gender, LGBT Issues, Muslims and Islam, Political Attitudes and Values, Race and Culture
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
email@example.com or 213-743-1611
- Richard FlorySenior Director of Research and EvaluationRichard Flory is a sociologist whose work focuses on religion and urban life, religious and cultural change, and youth and young adults.
- Brie LoskotaExecutive DirectorBrie Loskota researches how religions change and make change in the world, and works to build the capacity of religious communities around the globe.
- Joe PalaciosUniversity FellowJoe Palacios, a sociologist and Catholic priest, studies religion, politics and social justice in Latin America and among immigrants in the United States.
- Nick StreetSenior WriterNick Street is a journalist covering religious change and innovation, Buddhism, Pentecostalism and LGBT issues.