- VideoHollywood Beloved: A Catholic Procession on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- CRCC in the NewsNew York Times: Richard Flory on Hillsong’s Celebrity Culture“Own the Moment” by Hillsong NYC Pastor Carl Lentz presents the church’s brand of hip, approachable Christianity, according to the New York Times Books section. The story turned to CRCC’s Richard Flory …Topics: Branding and Marketing, Christians and Christianity, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism
- VideoReimagining Religion Conference: The Future of Religion in Los Angeles
- CRCC in the NewsBuzzfeed News: INC Christianity Spreads through Bethel School of Supernatural MinsitryThe Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry is causing rifts in Redding, California, Buzzfeed News reports. The school is at the center of INC — Independent Network Charismatic — Christianity, a growing movement …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism
- CommentaryHow a Growing Christian Movement is Seeking to Change AmericaThis article was originally published on The Conversation. Last week, from Oct. 6 to 9, the National Mall in Washington, D.C. was filled with tents, worship music and prayer for the “Awaken …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Government and Religion, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious Affiliation, Voting and Elections
- CRCC in the NewsDaily Pilot: The Fast-Growing Catholic Diocese of OrangeThe Catholic Diocese of Orange is among the fastest-growing dioceses in the United States, and its strength lies in its diversity, reports the Daily Pilot. “If you look at the Diocese of Orange, …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Christians and Christianity, Immigration, Southern California
- CRCC in the NewsThe New York Times: The Creation of a Modern MegachurchIn a few years, Zerephath Christian Church in New Jersey has transformed from the dwindling base of a little-known denomination to a large megachurch. The New York Times reported on this transition, turning to CRCC’s …Topics: Branding and Marketing, Christians and Christianity, Creativity and Innovation, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Megachurches, Multi-ethnic / Multi-racial Congregations
- CommentaryProsperity Gospel Is not the only Problem with Joel Osteen’s Harvey ResponseThis article originally appeared on Religion Dispatches. Twitter was outraged Monday. Megachurch Pastor Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church, housed in a former basketball arena, looked to be dry and quiet, even as thousands of Houstonians …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Disaster Response, Faith-Based Organizations, Megachurches, Social Services
- CRCC in the NewsRight Wing Watch: Trump’s Dominionist Prayer Warriors and the ‘Prophetic Order of the United States’POTUS Shield is a group of Pentecostal leaders devoted to helping President Donald Trump bring about the reign of God across the country and world. Many of the “prophets” and “apostles” taking …Topics: Branding and Marketing, Christians and Christianity, Government and Religion, Megachurches, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism, Political Attitudes and Values
- CRCC in the NewsChristianity Today: The ‘Prophets’ and ‘Apostles’ Leading the Quiet Revolution in American ReligionA Christian movement has become one of the fastest-growing faith groups in the country recently, attracting millions of followers with promises of direct access to God. Christianity Today interviewed CRCC Senior Director …Topics: Branding and Marketing, Christians and Christianity, Creativity and Innovation, Megachurches, Population Trends, Religious Affiliation, Religious Beliefs and Rituals, Religious Leadership, Southern California
- BookThe Rise of Pentecostalism in Modern El SalvadorThe Rise of Pentecostalism in Modern El Salvador: From the Blood of the Martyrs to the Baptism of the Spirit by Timothy H. Wadkins (Baylor University Press, 2017) The writing of this …Topics: Books, Christians and Christianity, Latin America, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism, Religious Affiliation
- VideoCatholic Sisters: Champions of Sustainable Development
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
email@example.com or 213-743-1611
- Brad ChristersonContributing FellowBrad Christenson is a sociologist who has written extensively in the areas of religion, race, ethnicity, and globalization.
- Samuel ChuContributing FellowSamuel Chu is a seasoned community organizer and strategist who works at the intersection of faith and public policy.
- Richard FlorySenior Director of Research and EvaluationRichard Flory is a sociologist whose work focuses on religion and urban life, religious and cultural change, and youth and young adults.
- Andrew JohnsonContributing FellowAndrew Johnson is a sociologist who studies religion on the margins of society, with specific interests in religious practice inside of prison, Latin American Pentecostalism and religion in the city.
- Brie LoskotaExecutive DirectorBrie Loskota researches how religions change and make change in the world, and works to build the capacity of religious communities around the globe.
- Juan MartínezContributing FellowJuan Martinez studies the history of Latino Protestantism, Latino Protestant identity and transnational mission among U.S. Latinos.
- Tarra McNallyAssistant Director of EvaluationTarra McNally is an anthropologist specializing in evaluation and global health.
- Donald E. MillerDirector of Strategic InitiativesDonald Miller focuses on global religious trends, genocides of the 20th century, and the role of religious NGOs in addressing issues of moral concern.
- Joe PalaciosUniversity FellowJoe Palacios, a sociologist and Catholic priest, studies religion, politics and social justice in Latin America and among immigrants in the United States.
- Jonathan RussellContributing FellowJonnie Russell is a scholar engaging religion, philosophy and politics, and a chaplain working for social justice on Skid Row in downtown Los Angeles.
- Rebecca SagerContributing FellowRebecca Sager’s work focuses on political and religious movements and parities in American political life.
- Nick StreetSenior WriterNick Street is a journalist covering religious change and innovation, Buddhism, Pentecostalism and LGBT issues.
- Megan SweasEditor and Director of CommunicationsMegan Sweas is a journalist specializing in social and economic justice issues and world religions.
- Mark WhitlockExecutive Director of USC Cecil Murray Center for Community EngagementRev. Mark Whitlock is a pastor specializing in church leadership and community and economic development.
- Diane WinstonUniversity FellowAs a journalist and scholar, Diane Winston is a national authority on religion, politics, the news media and entertainment.