- CRCC in the NewsDeseret News: Richard Flory on the Instagrammable BibleYoung Christian entrepreneurs are bringing an Instagram aesthetic to the Bible. Alabaster Co. produces books of the Bible with large, artistic images. The Deseret News asked Richard Flory, CRCC’s Senior Director of …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism
- CRCC in the NewsThe Guardian: Flory on the Rise of Pentecostalism in AmericaToday’s Pentecostalism in America is not what it used to be. As Australian Pentecostal groups – such as Hillsong, C3, and A21 – are rapidly growing across America, they are also transforming …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Megachurches, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism
- CRCC in the NewsThe Monthly: Flory on the Popularity of Hillsong’s Christine CaineMegachurch Hillsong has recently been attracting a growing number of worshippers, and Christine Caine has emerged as a rising star among America’s evangelical circuit, selling out theaters and megachurches across the country. …Topics: Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Megachurches, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism
- CRCC in the NewsKCRW: Flory on the Popularity of Hillsong and Celebrity ChristianityHillsong Church and other popular evangelical churches are attracting celebrities and large number of young Christians, but their stances on social issues are more conservative than many attendees may realize. KCRW’s Press …Topics: Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism
- CommentaryNobel Peace Prize Winner Denis Mukwege Keeps the Faith in the Face of ViolenceI had the privilege of interviewing 2018 Nobel Peace Prize winner Doctor Denis Mukwege in 2017 in the small country of Armenia, where he was a finalist for the Aurora Prize—a $1 …Topics: Pentecostals and Pentecostalism, Spiritual Exemplars, Sub-Saharan Africa, Violence
- CommentaryMedicine, Masculinity and Marketing: Trends to Watch in Religion in 2019In the past year, we have seen our 2018 trends to watch come to fruition with stories of the supernatural, trust in institutions, activist healers, faith-based political organizing and women stepping up …Topics: Branding and Marketing, Creativity and Innovation, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Gender,
- CommentaryHow Can Christians Support Donald Trump?This piece was originally published by Religion News Service. As a student of American evangelicalism, I am frequently asked how Christians can support Donald Trump. I stop myself from going into lecture …Topics: Evangelicals and Evangelicalism,
- BookHuman Trafficking Reconsidered: Rethinking the Problem, Envisoning New SolutionsHuman Trafficking Reconsidered: Rethinking the Problem, Envisoning New Solutions Kimberly Kay Hoang and Rhacel Salazar Parreñas, editors (Abe Books: 2014) This unique collection of original essays investigates …Topics: book chapter, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, International Affairs and Policy, Social Services
- CRCC in the NewsPacific Standard: Flory on Evangelical support for TrumpThe Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies have revealed a split among Christians, with some providing sanctuary to immigrants in danger of deportation and others maintaining their support of the president. Pacific Standard quoted …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Immigration
- VideoCatholic Sisters: Vocations in Africa
- ReportThe Varieties of American EvangelicalismDonald Trump’s ascent to the presidency has brought the culture, fault-lines and political commitments of American evangelicalism into sharp relief. How did a candidate whose lifestyle and morals starkly contradict conservative Christian …Topics: Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Government and Religion, weforum
- Video5,000 Pies: Serving Pizza and Faith in Long Beach
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-743-1611
- Brad ChristersonContributing FellowBrad Christenson is a sociologist who has written extensively in the areas of religion, race, ethnicity, and globalization.
- Samuel ChuContributing FellowSamuel Chu is a seasoned community organizer and strategist who works at the intersection of faith and public policy.
- Richard FlorySenior Director of Research and EvaluationRichard Flory is a sociologist whose work focuses on religion and urban life, religious and cultural change, and youth and young adults.
- Andrew JohnsonContributing FellowAndrew Johnson is a sociologist who studies religion on the margins of society, with specific interests in religious practice inside of prison, Latin American Pentecostalism and religion in the city.
- Brie LoskotaExecutive DirectorBrie Loskota researches how religions change and make change in the world, and works to build the capacity of religious communities around the globe.
- Juan MartínezContributing FellowJuan Martinez studies the history of Latino Protestantism, Latino Protestant identity and transnational mission among U.S. Latinos.
- Tarra McNallyAssistant Director of EvaluationTarra McNally is an anthropologist specializing in evaluation and global health.
- Donald E. MillerDirector of Strategic InitiativesDonald Miller focuses on global religious trends, genocides of the 20th century, and the role of religious NGOs in addressing issues of moral concern.
- Joe PalaciosUniversity FellowJoe Palacios, a sociologist and Catholic priest, studies religion, politics and social justice in Latin America and among immigrants in the United States.
- Jonathan RussellContributing FellowJonnie Russell is a scholar engaging religion, philosophy and politics, and a chaplain working for social justice on Skid Row in downtown Los Angeles.
- Rebecca SagerContributing FellowRebecca Sager’s work focuses on political and religious movements and parities in American political life.
- Nick StreetSenior WriterNick Street is a journalist covering religious change and innovation, Buddhism, Pentecostalism and LGBT issues.
- Megan SweasEditor and Director of CommunicationsMegan Sweas is a journalist specializing in social and economic justice issues and world religions.
- Diane WinstonUniversity FellowAs a journalist and scholar, Diane Winston is a national authority on religion, politics, the news media and entertainment.
- Tetsunao YamamoriContributing FellowTetsunao Yamamori is a sociologist with expertise in global Pentecostalism.