- ArticleTeresa Forcades: A Catholic Nun who Complicates the Abortion ConversationThis article was originally published by The Independent, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. It’s time to reimagine the debate around abortion. We are trapped in the tyranny of …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Engaged Spirituality, Gender and Sexuality, Healthcare, Nuns and Women Religious, Public Health, Spiritual Exemplars
- ArticleSister Teresa Forcades: A Catholic Nun Who Rejects the Pro-Choice/Pro-Life BinaryThis article was originally published by Religion Unplugged, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. Catholic nun and medical doctor Teresa Forcades says women should make their own abortion …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Europe, Gender and Sexuality, Healthcare, Nuns and Women Religious, Public Health
- CRCC in the NewsNY Times: Najuma Smith-Pollard on Abortion Views in Black CommunitiesAmong Black Americans, support for reproductive rights is connected with their concern for broader civil rights, the New York Times reports. The article frames CRCC’s Rev. Dr. Najuma Smith-Pollard as helping shape …Topics: CMCCE, Gender and Sexuality, Healthcare, Political Attitudes and Values, Public Health, Religious Leadership, Voting and Elections
- ArticleTom Catena: Choosing Joy Over HappinessThis article was originally published by Religion Unplugged, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. GIDEL, Sudan — The media is filled with articles on how to achieve happiness, including in …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Christians and Christianity, Engaged Spirituality, Healthcare, Public Health, Spiritual Exemplars, Sub-Saharan Africa, Violence
- CRCC in the NewsCRCC on Religion and Reproductive Rights After the Overturning of Roe v WadeDiscussions about reproductive rights continue to circulate in the religious community after the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. CRCC’s Rev. Dr. Najuma Smith-Pollard and Richard Flory have been interviewed …Topics: Gender and Sexuality, Healthcare, Political Attitudes and Values, Public Health
- VideoDr. Christina Puchalski: COVID-19 Highlights Spiritual Needs In Health Care
- CRCC in the NewsHonolulu Civil Beat: Flory on Evangelical Pastors’ Influence on Vaccine UptakeSome pastors in Hawaii are discouraging their members from getting the COVID-19 vaccine, Honolulu Civil Beat reports. The article quotes CRCC’s Richard Flory about the perception of vaccines within evangelical Christianity. According …Topics: COVID, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Healthcare, Public Health
- AudioNoe Kasali: A Mental Health Counselor In The Democratic Republic Of The Congo Creates New Rituals For GriefThis radio documentary was originally produced by KALW’s The Spiritual Edge, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. To hear this and other profiles, subscribe to The Spiritual Edge podcast …Topics: Engaged Spirituality, Healthcare, Spiritual Exemplars, Sub-Saharan Africa, Violence
- Commentary5 Ways for Faith Communities To Support COVID-19 Vaccine Access Locally and GloballyAs the COVID-19 pandemic continues with the Delta variant sweeping across the globe, the need for a timely and coordinated vaccine response is urgent. Faith communities and their leaders are an important …Topics: COVID, Healthcare, Religious Leadership
- ArticleModi silent on Muslim philanthropist’s offer of medical supplies for IndiaThis article was originally published by Religion News Service, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. NEW DELHI (RNS) — Only 30 miles from the northern Indian city of Amritsar, oxygen …Topics: Asia, COVID, Engaged Spirituality, Healthcare, Muslims and Islam, Spiritual Exemplars
- CommentaryThe End (of Lockdown) is Near: Opening Houses of Worship in a Time of UncertaintyI had just announced our church’s plans to resume in-person worship when someone called and told me they had contracted COVID-19. Immediately, I second-guessed the decision to reopen our worship building for …Topics: COVID, Healthcare, Religious Leadership, Thriving Congregations
- CRCC in the NewsAnnenberg News: Soraya Ahyaudin on Second Pandemic RamadanMuslims are celebrating their second Ramadan during the global COVID-19 pandemic, restricting the ability to break the fast and pray together. Annenberg Media spoke with Soraya Ahyaudin, director of the American Muslim …Topics: AMCLI, COVID, Healthcare, Muslims and Islam
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
email@example.com or 213-743-1611
- Tarra McNallyAssistant Director of EvaluationTarra McNally is an anthropologist specializing in evaluation and global health.
- John B. OrrCo-founder & Past FellowJohn B. Orr has worked extensively in the fields of religion, education and politics.
- Najuma Smith-PollardAssistant Director of Community and Public EngagementRev. Najuma Smith-Pollard combines her experience as a pastor and expertise as a community leader to train Murray Center Fellows.