- VideoDr. Christina Puchalski: COVID-19 Highlights Spiritual Needs In Health Care
- CRCC in the NewsHonolulu Civil Beat: Flory on Evangelical Pastors’ Influence on Vaccine UptakeSome pastors in Hawaii are discouraging their members from getting the COVID-19 vaccine, Honolulu Civil Beat reports. The article quotes CRCC’s Richard Flory about the perception of vaccines within evangelical Christianity. According …Topics: COVID, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Healthcare, Public Health
- AudioNoe Kasali: A Mental Health Counselor In The Democratic Republic Of The Congo Creates New Rituals For GriefThis radio documentary was originally produced by KALW’s The Spiritual Edge, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. To hear this and other profiles, subscribe to The Spiritual Edge podcast …Topics: Engaged Spirituality, Healthcare, Spiritual Exemplars, Sub-Saharan Africa, Violence
- Commentary5 Ways for Faith Communities To Support COVID-19 Vaccine Access Locally and GloballyAs the COVID-19 pandemic continues with the Delta variant sweeping across the globe, the need for a timely and coordinated vaccine response is urgent. Faith communities and their leaders are an important …Topics: COVID, Healthcare, Religious Leadership
- ArticleModi silent on Muslim philanthropist’s offer of medical supplies for IndiaThis article was originally published by Religion News Service, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. NEW DELHI (RNS) — Only 30 miles from the northern Indian city of Amritsar, oxygen …Topics: Asia, COVID, Engaged Spirituality, Healthcare, Muslims and Islam, Spiritual Exemplars
- CommentaryThe End (of Lockdown) is Near: Opening Houses of Worship in a Time of UncertaintyI had just announced our church’s plans to resume in-person worship when someone called and told me they had contracted COVID-19. Immediately, I second-guessed the decision to reopen our worship building for …Topics: COVID, Healthcare, Religious Leadership, Thriving Congregations
- CRCC in the NewsAnnenberg News: Soraya Ahyaudin on Second Pandemic RamadanMuslims are celebrating their second Ramadan during the global COVID-19 pandemic, restricting the ability to break the fast and pray together. Annenberg Media spoke with Soraya Ahyaudin, director of the American Muslim …Topics: AMCLI, COVID, Healthcare, Muslims and Islam
- ArticleSonic Fields of Protection in Sri Lanka’s COVID-19 PandemicIn a piece for the Asia Research Institute, CRCC’s Nalika Gajaweera and fellow anthropologist Neena Mahadev examine how for Sinhala Buddhists, pirit recitations serve to channel Dharmic energies and intentions during the COVID-19 …Topics: Asia, Buddhists and Buddhism, COVID, Healthcare, Race and Culture
- AudioSarah Byrne-Martelli: A Hospital Chaplain Finds Joyful Sorrow For COVID-19 Patients Facing DeathThis radio documentary was produced by KALW’s The Spiritual Edge, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. To hear this and other profiles, subscribe to The Spiritual Edge podcast in your …Topics: COVID, Engaged Spirituality, Healthcare, Spiritual Exemplars
- ArticleSister Mary Catherine Redmond: Connection, Compassion and Care in a Bronx COVID-19 WardThis article was originally published in Global Sisters Report, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. NEW YORK — In the first three months of the pandemic, Sr. Mary Catherine Redmond …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, COVID, Engaged Spirituality, Healthcare, Nuns and Women Religious, Spiritual Exemplars
- ArticleMarie-Stella Kouak: The Togolese Nun Caring for AIDS Patients Amid COVID-19This article was originally published in The Guardian, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. Dapaong is a buzzing, multi-religious city, 13 miles south of Togo’s border with Burkina Faso and …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, COVID, Engaged Spirituality, Healthcare, Nuns and Women Religious, Spiritual Exemplars, Sub-Saharan Africa
- ArticleMasue Katayama: Changing Nursing Care Industry in Japan with KindnessThis article was originally published in Religion News Service, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. YOKOHAMA, Japan (RNS) — In what used to be an elementary school in …Topics: Asia, Catholics and Catholicism, Engaged Spirituality, Healthcare, Spiritual Exemplars
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-743-1611
- Tarra McNallyAssistant Director of EvaluationTarra McNally is an anthropologist specializing in evaluation and global health.
- John B. OrrCo-founder & Past FellowJohn B. Orr has worked extensively in the fields of religion, education and politics.
- Najuma Smith-PollardAssistant Director of Community and Public EngagementRev. Najuma Smith-Pollard combines her experience as a pastor and expertise as a community leader to train Murray Center Fellows.