- CRCC in the NewsNBC: Richard Flory on Bringing Environmentalism to EvangelicalsWhite evangelicals have often dismiss climate change as a critical issue, but NBC News reports that some pastors and environmentalists in the community are hoping to re-contextualize the issue and help evangelicals …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Political Attitudes and Values, Population Trends, Religious Beliefs and Rituals
- CommentaryThe Liminal Year: 5 Trends to Watch in Religion in 20182018 is a liminal year in America, and with transition comes uncertainty. It is the year of key midterm elections, the results of which are difficult to predict. A major investigation continues …Topics: Community Organizing, Creativity and Innovation, Gender, Religious Beliefs and Rituals, Religious Leadership, Voting and Elections
- VideoHollywood Beloved: A Catholic Procession on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- CRCC in the NewsBedrosian Book Club Podcast: Tears We Cannot StopThe latest episode of the Bedrosian Book Club Podcast addresses the history of racism in America and how Michael Eric Dyson addresses these problems in his newest book, Tears We Cannot Stop. …Topics: Black Church, Christians and Christianity, National and Cultural Identity, Political Attitudes and Values, Race and Culture, Race and Ethnicity, Religious Beliefs and Rituals, Violence
- CRCC in the NewsChristianity Today: The ‘Prophets’ and ‘Apostles’ Leading the Quiet Revolution in American ReligionA Christian movement has become one of the fastest-growing faith groups in the country recently, attracting millions of followers with promises of direct access to God. Christianity Today interviewed CRCC Senior Director …Topics: Branding and Marketing, Christians and Christianity, Creativity and Innovation, Megachurches, Population Trends, Religious Affiliation, Religious Beliefs and Rituals, Religious Leadership, Southern California
- BookIf I Give My Soul: Faith Behind Bars in Rio de JaneiroIf I Give My Soul: Faith Behind Bars in Rio de Janeiro By Andrew Johnson (Oxford University Press, 2017) The writing of this book was supported by the Pentecostal Charismatic Research Initiative. …Topics: Books, Christians and Christianity, Criminal Justice, Economic Inequality, Latin America, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism, Religious Beliefs and Rituals
- CommentaryEmbodied Religion: Reassessing the Role of the “Senses” in Religious ResearchWe often make the mistake of identifying religious vitality with assent to particular beliefs. In this process, we forget that intellectual assent to beliefs is merely one element of religious experience. I …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Creativity and Innovation, Latin America, Religious Beliefs and Rituals
- VideoNefesh: A Soulful Experiment in Jewish Revival
- CommentaryReimagining Religion: The 10 Qualities of Creative CommunitiesThe following was edited from Brie Loskota’s opening remarks at Reimagining Religion: A Conversation about the Future of Religion, held at University of Southern California on February 9, 2017. We are in …Topics: Creativity and Innovation, Religious Affiliation, Religious Beliefs and Rituals
- CommentaryThe Kingdom of God and American ExceptionalismDoes America have a special God-given role in the world? In meetings with both evangelical and religiously unaffiliated young adults in Los Angeles, I have seen a shift in the understanding of …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious Beliefs and Rituals, Voting and Elections
- VideoAgainst the Stream: Taking Refuge in an American Sangha
- CommentaryAn “Everybody Friendly, Artist-Driven, God-Optional” Jewish New YearMost of my memories of Jewish worship services are an amalgamation of the hundreds of services I’ve attended throughout my life. But there are a few that stand out. At a Shabbat …Topics: Creativity and Innovation, Jews and Judaism, Meditation and Prayer, Religious Beliefs and Rituals
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
email@example.com or 213-743-1611
- Richard FlorySenior Director of Research and EvaluationRichard Flory is a sociologist whose work focuses on religion and urban life, religious and cultural change, and youth and young adults.
- Nalika GajaweeraResearch AssociateNalika Gajaweera is a cultural anthropologist specialized in Buddhism, transnationalism and ethics, with an area expertise in South Asia.
- Brie LoskotaExecutive DirectorBrie Loskota researches how religions change and make change in the world, and works to build the capacity of religious communities around the globe.
- Donald E. MillerDirector of Strategic InitiativesDonald Miller focuses on global religious trends, genocides of the 20th century, and the role of religious NGOs in addressing issues of moral concern.
- Nick StreetSenior WriterNick Street is a journalist covering religious change and innovation, Buddhism, Pentecostalism and LGBT issues.