- CRCC in the NewsLA Times: Why Are Christian Groups Allowed To Discriminate? Power and PrivilegeThe Los Angeles Times published the below letter to the editor from CRCC’s Richard Flory: To the editor: Op-ed article writers Rachel S. Mikva, Corey D.B. Walker and Reza Aslan are rightly …Topics: Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Government and Religion, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious Pluralism, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- CRCC in the NewsThe Economist: Loskota on Religious Freedom at the BorderActivist on the left are using religious freedom–a value often championed by American conservatives–to defend their actions in court. The case of Scott Warren, who was being charged for helping undocumented immigrants …Topics: Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- CommentaryRevisiting the legacy of Jerry Falwell Sr. in Trump’s AmericaThis article was originally published on The Conversation. Recently, President Donald Trump appointed evangelical Christian leader Jerry Falwell Jr. to head the White House education reform task force. Not much is known …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Education, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Government and Religion, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious Leadership, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- CRCC in the NewsKPCC Take Two: What ‘Religious Liberty’ Means in Politics TodayCRCC Executive Director Brie Loskota unpacked the meaning of “religious liberty” in the light of laws opposing LGBT rights on KPCC’s Take Two. #Religion being persecuted by state is foundational idea, from …Topics: Healthcare, LGBT Issues, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- CommentaryWant to Build a More Resilient City? Bring Faith to the TableLos Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti recently announced his commitment to hire a Chief Resilience Officer, who will be tasked with increasing the city’s ability to recover from man-made and natural disasters. This …Topics: Disaster Response, Government and Religion, Religious Regulation and Accommodation, Southern California
- ReportWhere the Spirit Leads: Pentecostalism and FreedomDon Miller, CRCC’s executive director, delivered a paper titled “Where the Spirit Leads: Pentecostalism and Freedom” in Rome at a conference co-sponsored by the Religious Freedom Project at Georgetown University’s Berkeley Center …Topics: Pentecostals and Pentecostalism, Religious Beliefs and Rituals, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- CommentaryOur Lady of Perpetual SurfIn the contemporary annals of Catholic apparitions, the Virgin Mary has typically appeared in response to prayer, a conversion or a plea for healing. But until Good Friday 2011, she had never …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Government and Religion, Religious Regulation and Accommodation, Southern California
- ReportBreaking Down the Wall between Church and StateCRCC Research Associate Rebecca Sager has co-authored an article published in the Oxford Journal of Church and State. The paper explores the role of government in the promotion or facilitation of religion …Topics: Government and Religion, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- CommentaryObama offers compromise on birth control health coverageThe Obama administration has proposed a compromise over the mandated coverage of contraceptives in the Affordable Healthcare Act that was approved by Congress in 2012. Officials state that the proposed mandate will …Topics: Healthcare, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
- CommentaryTurkeys Aren’t the Only Ones Sticking their Necks on the Block This YearGovernment agencies and spirituality go together like, well, they don’t. Remember that all-encompassing conversation stopper: SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE! As far as amendments go, the first is quite memorable. Not being …Topics: Faith-Based Organizations, Healthcare, Religious Regulation and Accommodation
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-743-1611
- Peter B. GudaitisContributing FellowPeter B. Gudaitis is an expert of faith communities and disaster readiness, response and recovery.
- Brie LoskotaContributing FellowBrie Loskota researches how religions change and make change in the world, and works to build the capacity of religious communities around the globe.
- Donald E. MillerDirector of Strategic InitiativesDonald Miller focuses on global religious trends, genocides of the 20th century, and the role of religious NGOs in addressing issues of moral concern.
- John B. OrrCo-founder & Past FellowJohn B. Orr has worked extensively in the fields of religion, education and politics.
- Nadia RoumaniContributing FellowNadia Roumani has worked with a wide range of organizations over the past decade to better understand the needs of Muslim communities across the United States.
- Rebecca SagerContributing FellowRebecca Sager’s work focuses on political and religious movements and parties in American political life.