It is important to locate and hire a M&E staff member who fully meet your needs and, ultimately, increases the quality of your M&E programming. This guide by Catholic Relief Services (CRS) & the American Red Cross can help you find the right candidate:
Hiring M&E Staff: Guidelines and Tools for Locating and Hiring Strong Monitoring & Evaluation Candidates
Keep in mind that leading with local experts makes for better evaluation. They are the ones who understand which methods work in the particular contexts, the culture, politics and history unique to those contexts. This ultimately makes evaluations more relevant and appropriate to the challenges that evaluators need to address.
EVALCOMMUNITY is a M&E professional community that has access to local experts and resources.
Regional evaluation associations are also helpful in identifying local evaluators for your particular project needs. Here are some associations:
- African Evaluation Association: http://www.afrea.org
- American Evaluation Association: http://www.eval.org
- Academia Nacional de Evaluadores de Mexico: http://aceval.org
- Evaluation Association of Kenya: http://www.esk.co.ke
- Uganda Evaluation Association: https://ugandaevaluationassociation.org
- Zambia Monitoring and Evaluation Association: http://www.zamea.org.zm/contact.php
- Evaluation Community of India: http://www.ecoionline.com
- United Nations Evaluation Group: http://www.unevaluation.org
Return to the Grantee Portal