Roslyn Satchel is an AME minister and part of Black Lives Matter Los Angeles. She spoke at the Cecil Murray Center for Community Engagement’s 2018 Faith Leaders Institute retreat about why she thinks the faith community should be involved in the movement for Black lives. This is an excerpt from her speech:
In her speech, Satchel also suggested a number of ways to become involved with Black Lives Matter Los Angeles:
- For updates on actions, follow the local organization @BLMLA on social media: Twitter and Facebook.
- Become a BLM Ambassador.
- Attend monthly meetings (second Sundays of the month – contact BLMLA for more information).
- Attend Los Angeles Police Commission meetings at 100 W. 1st Street, most Tuesdays at 9 am.
- Protest with BLM activists wearing a clergy collar.
- Support the movement financially.
.@rsatchel encourages #faith #leaders to be a part of @BLMLA – don’t need to agree on all ideas or strategies to participate. “Learn with us, talk with us, ask questions of us, challenge us.” #BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/qPJO9jIKcw
— USC CRCC (@usccrcc) February 10, 2018