- AudioMehool Sanghrajka: A Jain Tech Innovator Combines A Religious And Worldly Perspective In EducationThis radio documentary was originally produced by KALW’s The Spiritual Edge, with the support of CRCC’s global project on engaged spirituality. To hear this and other profiles, subscribe to The Spiritual Edge podcast in …Topics: Education, Engaged Spirituality, Europe, Media, Spiritual Exemplars
- ReportUnderstanding Religious Literacy Content Creators and Providers in Education, Journalism, and New MediaThe Arthur Vining Davis Foundations (AVDF) commissioned the Aspen Institute Inclusive America Project (IAP) to conduct a review of content providers and creators of religious literacy materials in the categories of new …Topics: Education, Media, Religious Pluralism
- CRCC in the NewsPC Magazine: Quraishi on the Possibility of Productive Online ConversationsAre productive online conversations possible? According to Amanda Quraishi, founder and director of the Institute for Digital Civic Culture (IDCC), they’re not only possible, but crucial. PC Magazine interviewed Quraishi on designing …Topics: Digital Culture, Media
- VideoCritical Conversations on Activism, Online and Off
- CommentaryBeyond Influencer Marketing: How to Exercise Real Leadership OnlineThere are some things you will have no trouble finding on today’s internet: more fascinating content than you can ever hope to consume; oceans of strong opinions; products you never knew you …Topics: Digital Culture, Media, Religious Leadership
- CRCC in the NewsThe Aspen Institute: Loskota on Tackling Hate Through Interfaith InitiativesBridging faith communities is essential to combat violence against minorities and create partnerships to tackle the challenges that face society. The Aspen Institute interviewed CRCC Executive Director Brie Loskota for a podcast …Topics: Community Dynamics, Creativity and Innovation, Faith-Based Organizations, Media, Political Attitudes and Values, Population Trends, Religious Affiliation, Religious Leadership
- EventReimagining Religion 2018: New Stories, New CommunitiesReimagining Religion 2018: New Stories, New Communities was a conference hosted at the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism by the Knight Program for Media and Religion, along with Religion Communicators …Topics: Community Organizing, Creativity and Innovation, Media
- CommentaryToday’s Mass Killings Shouldn’t Distort Our Assessment of Everyday RiskThis post originally appeared on Zócolo Public Square. In the midst of the Second Intifada, in summer 2001, I was living in the dorms at Hebrew University in Jerusalem. Normally bustling streets …Topics: Disaster Response, International Affairs and Policy, Media, Violence
- VideoThe Other Muslim Fringe: Muslim Activism in Europe
- CommentaryThe Invisible Muslims: Reporting about Islam in AmericaThis piece originally appeared on Nieman Reports. Days after last year’s terrorist attack on a public services center in San Bernardino, California, Kristen Stangas was standing amid a cluster of reporters outside …Topics: Creativity and Innovation, Media, Muslims and Islam, Religious Extremism, Violence
- CommentaryHow to solve the difficult problem of adding ‘Muslim’ to ‘American’This post originally appeared on the Los Angeles Times. In mid-September, my 6-year-old daughter ran into our living room and literally started jumping for joy. “Baba, it’s a miracle!” she told her father with …Topics: Creativity and Innovation, Family and Relationships, Media, Muslims and Islam, National and Cultural Identity, Political Attitudes and Values, Race and Culture
- CommentaryU2, Justin Bieber and the Future of ChristianityWhat exactly is the shelf life of a headlining rock band and an equally headline-grabbing pastor? When I heard that U2 had summoned megachurch pastor Rick Warren to minister to them in …Topics: Branding and Marketing, Creativity and Innovation, Media, Megachurches
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
email@example.com or 213-743-1611
- Brie LoskotaContributing FellowBrie Loskota researches how religions change and make change in the world, and works to build the capacity of religious communities around the globe.
- Nick StreetSenior WriterNick Street is a journalist covering religious change and innovation, Buddhism, Pentecostalism and LGBT issues.
- Megan SweasEditor and Director of CommunicationsMegan Sweas is a journalist specializing in social and economic justice issues and world religions.
- Diane WinstonUniversity FellowAs a journalist and scholar, Diane Winston is a national authority on religion, politics, the news media and entertainment.