- CommentaryUSA Today: Brie Loskota on Her Late-Term Abortion StruggleBrie Loskota published a personal OpEd on her first pregnancy with USA Today. The views expressed in the OpEd are her own: My first pregnancy happened easily as my husband was finishing …Topics: Gender, Healthcare, Political Attitudes and Values
- CRCC in the NewsThe Nation: Loskota on Bridging the Gap between Progressive and Conservative WomenSince the 2016 election, progressive commenters have wondered why a majority of white women voters voted for Donald Trump as president. The Nation published an article about not only what motivates white …Topics: Gender, Political Attitudes and Values, Voting and Elections
- CommentaryWhy–and How–Catholic Women VoteI was not surprised when the editors of America told me that their recent survey of American Catholic women indicated that Catholic teaching didn’t influence women’s votes. Sociologists and polls often show …Topics: Catholics and Catholicism, Christians and Christianity, Gender, Political Attitudes and Values, Voting and Elections
- CommentaryEvangelicalism Is *Still* in Crisis – An Update on 2017 Trends to WatchIn our 2017 religion trends to watch, one of our snarky headlines read: “New Species of Evangelicals Discovered.” As we pointed out under the headline, the divisions in Evangelicalism have long existed. …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Political Attitudes and Values
- CRCC in the NewsUSA Today: Evangelicals’ Victories and Defeats in Trump’s First YearConservative Christians have had unprecedented access to the White House and won many political victories under the first year of Donald Trump’s presidency, USA Today reported. At the same time, they may …Topics: Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, Government and Religion, Political Attitudes and Values, Voting and Elections
- CRCC in the NewsHaaretz: Young Evangelicals Less Supportive of IsraelYoung evangelical Americans are increasingly diverging from their elders’ support for Israel, Haaretz reported about a new survey. Richard Flory, CRCC’s director of research and evaluation, explained in the article that the generational …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Evangelicals and Evangelicalism, International Affairs and Policy, Middle East and North Africa, Political Attitudes and Values
- CRCC in the NewsL.A. Times: Rev. Whitlock on Changing Laws about EndorsementsThe Republican tax plan could lead to changes to the Johnson Amendment, which restricts faith organizations from making political endorsements. It’s a move that Rev. Mark Whitlock, executive director of the USC …Topics: CMCCE, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious Leadership, Voting and Elections
- CommentaryHow a Growing Christian Movement is Seeking to Change AmericaThis article was originally published on The Conversation. Last week, from Oct. 6 to 9, the National Mall in Washington, D.C. was filled with tents, worship music and prayer for the “Awaken …Topics: Christians and Christianity, Government and Religion, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism, Political Attitudes and Values, Religious Affiliation, Voting and Elections
- VideoSeptember 16, 2001: Rev. Murray’s post-9/11 Sermon
- CRCC in the NewsFaith Community Responds to Racism and Violence in CharlottesvilleAfter white supremacists’ protests in Charlottesville left one dead, many injured and the country grappling with its still prevalent racism, faith leaders have been working to respond with words and action. Rev. Mark …Topics: Black Church, Christians and Christianity, CMCCE, Community Organizing, Disaster Response, National and Cultural Identity, Political Attitudes and Values, Protests and Uprisings, Race and Culture, Religious Leadership, Violence
- CRCC in the NewsBedrosian Book Club Podcast: Tears We Cannot StopThe latest episode of the Bedrosian Book Club Podcast addresses the history of racism in America and how Michael Eric Dyson addresses these problems in his newest book, Tears We Cannot Stop. …Topics: Black Church, Christians and Christianity, National and Cultural Identity, Political Attitudes and Values, Race and Culture, Race and Ethnicity, Religious Beliefs and Rituals, Violence
- CRCC in the NewsRight Wing Watch: Trump’s Dominionist Prayer Warriors and the ‘Prophetic Order of the United States’POTUS Shield is a group of Pentecostal leaders devoted to helping President Donald Trump bring about the reign of God across the country and world. Many of the “prophets” and “apostles” taking …Topics: Branding and Marketing, Christians and Christianity, Government and Religion, Megachurches, Pentecostals and Pentecostalism, Political Attitudes and Values
To schedule an interview with one of our experts, please contact CRCC:
email@example.com or 213-743-1611
- Steven Barrie-AnthonyContributing FellowSteven Barrie-Anthony is a scholar and writer who examines spiritual and religious innovation and change and its impacts on public life, such as on styles of civic and political action.
- Richard FlorySenior Director of Research and EvaluationRichard Flory is a sociologist whose work focuses on religion and urban life, religious and cultural change, and youth and young adults.
- Brie LoskotaExecutive DirectorBrie Loskota researches how religions change and make change in the world, and works to build the capacity of religious communities around the globe.
- John B. OrrCo-founder & University FellowJohn B. Orr has worked extensively in the fields of religion, education and politics.
- Bruce PhillipsUniversity FellowBruce Phillips is among the leading researchers in the sociology of American Jewry and is an avid historian of Los Angeles.
- Nadia RoumaniContributing FellowNadia Roumani has worked with a wide range of organizations over the past decade to better understand the needs of Muslim communities across the United States.
- Rebecca SagerContributing FellowRebecca Sager’s work focuses on political and religious movements and parities in American political life.
- Diane WinstonUniversity FellowAs a journalist and scholar, Diane Winston is a national authority on religion, politics, the news media and entertainment.