Sign up for CRCC’s Newsletter to find out about future webinars and programs on wealth building and financial empowerment.
Black-owned Banks in Los Angeles
City First Bank
City First Bank offers checking and savings accounts for personal, businesses and nonprofits, among other products.
Hispanic American-Owned Banks in Los Angeles
Community Commerce Bank
Community Commerce Bank (CCB) is part of The East Los Angeles Community Union (TELACU) family of companies. CCB specializes in commercial real estate loans, loans to non-profit and religious organizations, apartments (5 units or more), as well as other real estate loans regardless of reason, for both consumer (commercial properties) and business purposes.
Commercial Bank of California
CBC is a full-service, FDIC-insured, business bank headquartered in Irvine, California.
Other Minority Depository Institutions in the US
First Citizens Bank
Our financial literacy program is sponsored by First Citizens.
Explore “Insights” on their website for advice on personal, small business and commercial finance, plus wealth management.
USC Credit Union
The University of Southern California has an associated credit union. A member-owned nonprofit financial cooperative, the credit union operates like a bank, with bank accounts, credit cards, loans and investment accounts.
Any and all persons and businesses in LA or Orange Counties are eligible to apply to join the USC Credit Union. See eligibility rules and apply to join the USC Credit Union.
The USC Credit Union financial education tool allows you to build a personalized playlist based on your interest or explore more information on topics such as:
- Financial Capabilities: money management, budgeting, taxes, credit and debt
- Building Financial Resilience: debt, crises/emergencies and scams
- Financial Foundations: Checking accounts, car loans, credit cards
- Investing in Your Future: Paying for college, insurance saving, sustainable investing
- Homeownership: mortgages, investment properties, refinancing
- Retirement: 401(k), IRAs and estate planning
- Financial Caregiving: Preventing elder financial abuse
- Growing Your Small Business: including resources for women- and minority-owned small businesses
First Citizens Bank sponsors financial empowerment programs conducted by the USC Center for Religion and Civic Culture. Explore “Insights” on their website for advice on personal, small business and commercial finance, plus wealth management.