The American Muslim Civic Leadership Institute builds the capacity of emerging Muslim leaders from across the United States. AMCLI offers a national fellowship and regional training programs in select cities.
AMCLI provides emerging leaders with recognition: meaning, enrichment, credentials; space to think differently, to be revived, to be challenged; tools: resources, capacity, training; inspiration through others and through faith; connection to other civic leaders within and outside of Muslim communities.
Watch the video to learn more about AMCLI.
AMCLI: My People produced by Wesam Nassar for ESHMAWI
AMCLI works to...
• Unlock potential
• Use the power of faith to inspire and sustain great leadership.
• Help leaders to move past discomfort into new levels of leadership.
AMCLI believes that...
• Relationships have inherent value.
• People learn and connect through stories.
• Social change requires disciplined leaders.
• There are many ways to lead and to make change.
• Organizations and leaders cannot solve problems on their own.
AMCLI works with leaders who...
• Know themselves.
• Are connected to a community and reflect its diversity.
• Are lifelong learners.
• Treat time as precious.
• Make space for others.
• Recognize that failures are inevitable in any endeavor.
• Are able to engage in healthy conflict.
• Understand how to succeed in the face of uncertainty.
• Set healthy boundaries.
• Develop other leaders.
• Know where they are going and articulate their vision.
• Do not wait for permission to create change.
• Realize that graciousness is at the core of good leadership.
• Seek and develop creative partnerships based on shared vision, even when they may not always be in complete alignment with their partners.